1.6 (Build 2857) - October 28, 2007
- Bugfix: Two Pane View lost item body after changing to Newspaper View and back.
- Bugfix: Sometimes Newspaper View stopped on a page which didn't exist.
- Request: Make Newspaper View respect the unread filter.
- Better async conversion and progress reporting in Newspaper View.
- Replaced "Change View" with a drop down "View" menu.
1.6 (Build 2807) - September 8, 2007
- New shortcut keys
- Tag item: t
- Next item: k
- Previous item: j
- Next feed/folder: shift + n
- Previous feed/folder: shift + p
- Expand/collapse folder: shift + x
- Search: s
- View in browser: v
- Refresh: r
- Two pane mode: 1
- Newspaper mode: 2
- Renamed the 'old' tags to annotations, added new 'whole item' tags.
- Allow multiple selection in the Feed Tree.
- Bugfix: Sometimes folders could not be expanded.
- Bugfix: Focus could be trapped in the toolbar.
1.6 (Build 2803r2) - September 4, 2007
- Better exception handling at startup and shutdown.
- Attempt to suppress exceptions during shutdown.
- Bugfix: Tree of folders and feeds stopped being dynamic.
- Bugfix: HTML conversion could fail when given invalid CSS style.
1.6 (Build 2803r1) - September 4, 2007
- Make startup even faster.
- Bugfix: Error Reporting.
1.6 (Build 2803) - September 4, 2007
- Try to stop the newspaper view from jumping around like crazy.
- Bugfix: switching folders or searching while the newspaper view was still being arranged could sometimes raise an exception.
1.6 (Build 2802) - September 3, 2007
- Streamline application startup.
1.6 (Build 2801) - September 2, 2007
- Bugfix: Error Reporting.
1.6 (Build 2775) - August 8, 2007
- Feature request: Indicate progress of background tasks.
1.6 (Build 2757) - July 20, 2007
- Bugfix: Ensure thread-safe DB access.
1.6 (Build 2756) - July 19, 2007
- Bugfix: Couldn't focus search box.
- Attempt to trap exceptions on shutdown. Add more extensive error reporting.
1.6 (Build 2755) - July 18, 2007
- Add annotations: text, ink tags; highlighting.
- Bugfix: JScript failed to compile in non-English locales.
- Bugfix: Some items were not removed from the index.
1.5 (Build 2728) - June 21, 2007
- Feature request: Support the HTML align tag on images.
1.5 (Build 2720) - June 13, 2007
- Feature request: Filtering. Choose to show items only from the last day, week, or only items which are unread.
- Feature request: Add a context menu to copy hyperlinks.
- Performance: Changing between feeds and folders is about 10 times faster.
- Performance: Newspaper view now loads item bodies asynchronously.
1.4 (Build 2708) - June 2, 2007
- Bugfix: Pre shouldn't be justified.
- Bugfix: Item author was being incorrectly compared to Feed name.
- Bugfix: Feed and folder structural changes from the RSS Platform were not being respected.
1.4 (Build 2690) - May 14, 2007
- Feature Request: Remove the Vertical Scrollbar from the Feed Tree.
- Bugfix: Some images were still being scaled according to their specified DPI.
- Better performance when changing between feeds.
- Better performance during indexing, the index is now only optimised at exit
1.4 (Build 2678) - May 2, 2007
- Bugfix: Newspaper view failed on load and when new items arrived.
- Added a more visible highlight color for the selected feed.
1.4 (Build 2670) - April 24, 2007
- Bugfix: Welcome dialog rendering glitch when RikReader was maximised.
- Bugfix: Reset scroll position when changing items in Two-Pane view.
- Changed feature reporting format.
1.4 (Build 2669) - April 23, 2007
- Moved more work into the background. Less effect from Index and Sync on the UI.
- Changes to the two-pane transition. Should be much faster now.
- Exception reporting now supports sending reports.
- Added a date for each item in Newspaper View.
- New feature to enable easy user feedback.
1.4 (Build 2664) - April 18, 2007
- Synchronisation data now stored in SQL CE.
- Bugfix: Feed items without a URL caused the Indexer to crash.
- Exception handling for exceptions raised by background threads.
1.3 (Build 2636) - March 21, 2007
- Background shading for nodes in the Feed Tree with unread items.
- Bugfix: Temporary workaround for Windows Live Spaces blogs.
- Bugfix: Security issue in the HTML translator for images with non HTTP URIs.
1.3 (Build 2625) - March 10, 2007
- Remember the expanded states and the selected node in the feed tree.
1.3 (Build 2618) - March 3, 2007
- More extensive error reporting (inner exceptions).
1.3 (Build 2569) - January 13, 2007
- Completely replaced HTML parser.
- Ignore the DPI specified by images and display at native pixel resolution.
- Synchronisation now runs smaller work items to avoid locking the UI. This was particularly visible when selecting an unread item in Standard View.
- The items list is now filled asynchronously.
- Items which have been updated are re-indexed.
1.2 (Build 2539) - December 13, 2006
- Bugfix: Next Unread Item should be faster.
- Bugfix: Don't crash where there are more folders than feed items.
- Bugfix: Items can have empty titles.
1.2 (Build 2537) - December 12, 2006
- Bugfix: Standard view feed list shouldn't steal focus.
- Bugfix: Standard view feed list should scroll to the current item.
- Bugfix: Newspaper view zoom level should be a seperate setting.
- Added Searching. Powered by Lucene.Net RikReader now indexes feed items to enable lightning fast search.
- Added a toolbar.
- Added animated status icons.
- Limited to single instance. You can now only start a single instance of RikReader per installation. If you need to run multiple instances, you will need to install RikReader to a different folder for each instance you need.
1.1 (Build 2522) - November 28, 2006
- Newspaper View.
- New hotkeys:
- Press F2 to switch views
- Press F5 to refresh the current view (Note: this is only necessary in Newspaper view to remove read items).
- Improved transition engine, this may give slightly better performance.
- Replaced style on the default-view list.
- Removed empty RSS Extension placeholders.
- Clickonce deployment offered.
1.0 (Build 2504) - November 9, 2006
- Bugfix: Resizing the document viewer in page mode and causing an image to flow to the next page caused a recursive error loop.
- Continued my abuse of the Standard Feed Icon: The main window will show an orange icon if there are any unread items, gray otherwise.
- Save settings on exit.
- Window size, position and state.
- Column widths.
- Document viewer's mode and zoom factor.
1.0 (Build 2496) - November 1, 2006
- Initial preview release.
- Gold integration with the RSS Platform. Subscribe in IE7. Read in RikReader.
- Three Panes: Feed/Folder tree, Feed item list, Feed item details.
- Flattened hierarchal view: Select a Feed or Folder in the Tree to create a dynamic list of items contained within.
- Extensive shortcut keys: Press Space to select the oldest unread item in the current view.
- Terrible HTML conversion.
- Support for RSS Extensions.